Total Commander (former Wincmd) is a file manager for Windows (TM) similar to the Windows Explorer. But Total Commander uses a different approach: it has two fixed windows side by side like a well-known file manager for DOS.
Here are some key features of Total Commander:
– Keyboard functions similar to the DOS original.
– Supports Drag & Drop with the mouse, including to the print manager.
– Extended copying, moving, renaming and deleting of entire trees (Enables deleting “full” directories).
– Archives are handled like subdirectories. You can easily copy files to and from archives. The appropriate archiving program is automatically called. pkzip, arj, lha, rar, uc2 and ace are all supported.
– Start-menu (User-defined commands) to place your frequently used DOS or Windows programs into a drop-down menu. The actual directory and/or the file under the cursor can be delivered to the application.
– Command line for the simple starting of programs with parameters, simply by typing the program name or by pressing CTRL+ENTER or CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.
– Enhanced search function with full text search in any files across multiple drives.
– Built in file viewer (F3) to view files of ANY SIZE in hex, binary or text format, using either the ASCII- (DOS) or the ANSI- (Windows) character set. The line width and font size can now be changed.
– Internal Unzip by Info-Zip, which allows unzipping without calling an external program! The source code in Turbo-Pascal is free and can be obtained directly from the author.
– Configurable button bar to start external programs or internal menu commands.
– Configurable main menu.
– Internal unpackers for ZIP, ARJ, LZH, GZ, TAR, RAR and ACE formats.
– Internal ZIP packer, based on ZLib by Jean-loup Gailly.
Total Commander(简称TC)是一个功能强大的全能文件管理器，支持随意自定义的菜单、工具栏、快捷键，给您最大的自由。一般的文件操作，如搜索、复制、移动、改名、删除等功能应有尽有，更有文件内容比较、同步文件夹、批量重命名文件、分割合并文件、创建/检查文件校验(MD5/SFV) 等实用功能。
原创文章，转载请注明： 转载自 obaby@mars